Skilled QDRO Attorneys in Vancouver, Washington
Retirement accounts are significant assets in the division of marital property. Securing your interest in your former spouses retirement account or protecting your interest in your own retirement account in a divorce proceeding requires knowledge of all types of retirement assets as well as the specific types of court orders dividing and protecting those assets.
A qualified domestic relations order, otherwise known as a QDRO is just one type of order dividing a retirement asset. Division of federal and state retirement accounts such as a military or teachers or railroad retirements require specific orders pursuant to the laws governing those retirement plans. Our attorneys are skilled at preparing orders and advising our clients on all retirement plans.
- Defined Benefit Plans, the typical monthly pension upon reaching retirement age. Other defined benefit plans include cash balance or money purchase plans.
- Defined Contribution Plans, such as a 401k, profit sharing, savings, TIAA/CREF, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
- Federal Government Plans.
- Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS)
- Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS)
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Local County and Municipal Plans
- Military Retirement System for the various branches of the Military.
- Railroad Retirement System (RRS)
- Washington State Department of Retirement System for state and public school employees such as PERS, SERS.
The drafting and execution of retirement division orders requires skilled attorneys familiar and knowledgeable in state and federal law as well as knowledgeable and experienced with the multiple steps required to have the orders approved and implemented. At the Scott Horenstein Law Firm, PLLC, the attorneys are committed to guiding our firm clients through the process of dividing retirement assets effectively and efficiently. Contact our offices in Vancouver, Washington to discuss your legal concerns.
If you would like one of our attorneys to contact you, please complete the contact form below.