Skilled Divorce Attorneys in Vancouver, Washington
The decision to end a marriage is generally just the first step in a long process. Divorce can quickly become complicated, especially for those couples who have been married for many years or have significant assets.
At the Scott Horenstein Law Firm, PLLC, our experienced family lawyers are committed to guiding our clients through the divorce process effectively and efficiently. Contact our offices in Vancouver, Washington to discuss your legal concerns.
Effectively Handling All Issues Related to Divorce
We work diligently to protect our clients in all divorce-related matters, including:
- Equitable property distribution: For clients with significant assets, the division of marital property may be one of the most contentious and complicated issues during a divorce. We have the resources and skill needed to effectively handle complex property division matters.
- Spousal support/alimony: Spousal support is often one of the most heavily negotiated or litigated issues in a divorce. Support is not automatically awarded; rather, it is awarded based on need and the specific facts of each situation. Rest assured, we will always work diligently to protect your interests in spousal support matters.
- Child custody and relocation: We aggressively advocate for our clients in child custody disputes by working to obtain a solution that is in the best interests of their children. We assist with legal custody, physical custody and parenting time agreements.
- Child support: We help clients understand their child support rights or obligations. Generally, the court will calculate support based upon the income of each parent and the number of children. However, other circumstances, such as medical insurance or daycare costs may be considered.
- Enforcement and modifications: We understand the procedures used to hold parties accountable for failure to adhere to court orders and can effectively handle enforcement actions. Additionally, we assist families in reassessing and modifying existing court orders when significant changes occur.
While we are prepared to fight for our clients in trial, we are also intuitive negotiators capable of assisting our clients through mediations and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
If you are filing for divorce, it is important to have an experienced lawyer protecting your interests. Contact our offices for zealous representation from one of our family law attorneys.
If you would like one of our attorneys to contact you, please complete the contact form below.